top of page
  • Rev. Timothy E Byerley, Ph.D

Changes at Saint Peter's

There are some personnel changes that are imminent here at St. Peter’s:

1. Sal and Christine Scarpa, who have been serving as the choir director and organist for our 10:30 am Mass and special liturgies are stepping down on June 25, 2017. We are most grateful for the way they have enhanced our liturgies with beautiful sacred music. We wish them many future blessings. Our new choir director is Dr. Nancy Rawlins. More to come about her in upcoming weeks.

2. Deacon Michael Scott has been assigned to our parish for a period of five years. Although Deacon Mike has been with us for some months now, he has been officially assigned to St. Peter’s. We are happy to welcome him officially as our deacon.

3. Fr. Larry Polansky has been named the new pastor of St. Michael the Archangel Parish in Franklinville, effective July 1st. We are very happy for him, but he will be greatly missed.

4. Fr. Francis Kim, presently at St. Padre Pio Parish in Vineland, will be our new priest. He has been appointed by the diocese to serve at St. Peter’s 75% of his time. The other 25% of the time he will serve as the chaplain for the Korean Community based at St. Mary’s Church in Cherry Hill. Fr. Kim will reside at St. Peter’s.

5. The Latin Mass will be discontinued as a result of this reduction in priestly support. The last Latin Mass will be celebrated at noon on June 25, 2017. The remaining noon Mass intentions will be transferred to the 7:00p Mass on the same Sunday they were originally scheduled.

Thus, the new Mass schedule is the same,

minus the noon Mass:

Saturday 5:00p

Sunday 7:30a




Baptisms, Sunday at 12:15p

Fr. Tim Byerley


258 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

New Mass Schedule At Saint Peter's

After having reflected upon your survey responses; after having discussed at length and listened attentively to the advice of the parish council; and after praying assiduously about this matter; I hav

bottom of page