Courage is an international apostolate of the Catholic Church that ministers to persons with same-sex attractions. It has five goals which were created by the members when Courage was founded. They are:
1. To live chaste lives in accordance with the Roman Catholic Church’s teaching on homosexuality.
2. To dedicate our entire lives to Christ through service to others, spiritual reading, prayer, meditation, individual spiritual direction, frequent attendance at Mass, and the frequent reception of the sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist.
(Prayer and Dedication)
3. To foster a spirit of fellowship in which we may share with one another our thoughts, experiences, and so ensure that no one will have to face the problems of homosexuality alone.
4. To be mindful of the truth that chaste friendships are not only possible but necessary in a chaste Christian life; and to encourage one another in forming and sustaining these friendships.
5. To live lives that may serve as good examples to others.
(Good example/Role Model)
Courage has the endorsement of the Holy See in Rome and more than 100 chapters worldwide. It has become a mainstream Catholic apostolate helping thousands of men and women find peace through fellowship, prayer and the sacraments. This ministry is also helpful for persons who are struggling with gender identity.
Aware that these issues affect entire families, Courage has an apostolate for the parents, friends and family members of loved ones with same-sex attractions called Encourage.
If you are in need of guidance and direction, please contact email@example.com. Also feel free to reach out to me at the rectory. As a priest, I am here to serve all God’s children, especially those experiencing heavy crosses in life.